Courts of Justice Act
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 194
RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE
EXCERPT FROM TARIFF A
LAWYERS' FEES AND DISBURSEMENTS ALLOWABLE UNDER
RULES 57.01 AND 58.05
Note: This excerpt from Tariff A was posted on August 5, 2016. The amount of attendance money to be paid to a witness could have changed since that date. It is your responsibility to confirm the amount by checking Tariff A of the Rules of Civil Procedure.
PART II - DISBURSEMENTS
Attendance money actually paid to a witness who is entitled to attendance money, to be calculated as follows:
- Attendance allowance for each day of necessary attendance..........$50
- Travel allowance, where the hearing or examination is held,
- in a city or town in which the witness resides, $3.00 for each day of necessary attendance;
- within 300 kilometres of where the witness resides, 24¢ a kilometre each way between his or her residence and the place of hearing or examination;
- more than 300 kilometres from where the witness resides, the minimum return air fare plus 24¢ a kilometre each way from his or her residence to the airport and from the airport to the place of hearing or examination.
- Overnight accommodation and meal allowance, where the witness resides elsewhere than the place of hearing or examination and is required to remain overnight, for each overnight stay..........$75