Legislation and Rules
The following is a list of legislation and regulations related to the Fire Safety Commission (FSC):
Rules of Practice
Common Rules of the Licence Appeal Tribunal, Animal Care Review Board, and Fire Safety Commission (effective October 2, 2017)Effective October 2, 2017, the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT), Animal Care Review Board (ACRB), and the Fire Safety Commission (FSC) adopted the below Common Rules of Practice and Procedure. The Commons Rules will apply to all Tribunal proceedings filed on or after October 2, 2017. The previous versions of the Rules will continue to apply to matters filed prior to October 2, 2017.
- Common Rules of the LAT, ACRB, FSC (October 2017) (PDF)
Effective February 7, 2019, the following changes to the Rules include:
Rule 18: Reconsideration of a Tribunal Decision
- Reconsideration of interlocutory decisions is no longer permitted
- Clarification that reconsiderations will be heard in writing, as is the current practice
- Clarification of the grounds for reconsideration
- As permitted by the Statutory Powers Procedures Act, reconsideration requests may now be assigned to any Member of the Tribunal, including the Member who decided the matter which is the subject of the request
These changes to Rule 18 will provide more flexibility and ensure that requests for reconsiderations are processed in the most efficient manner.
- Amended Rule 18 (PDF)