Important NoticeOctober 8, 2021
All tribunals and Tribunals Ontario offices were closed on September 30, 2021, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, to commemorate the history and legacy of Residential Schools in Canada. Applicable timelines that are calculated by business day are extended by one day.
Legislation and Rules
LegislationThe following is a list of legislation and regulations related to the Animal Care Review Board (ACRB).
Rules of Practice
Common Rules of the Licence Appeal Tribunal, Animal Care Review Board, and Fire Safety Commission (effective October 2, 2017)Effective October 2, 2017, the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT), Animal Care Review Board (ACRB), and the Fire Safety Commission (FSC) adopted the below Common Rules of Practice and Procedure. The Commons Rules will apply to all Tribunal proceedings filed on or after October 2, 2017. The previous versions of the Rules will continue to apply to matters filed prior to October 2.
- Common Rules of the LAT, ACRB, FSC (October 2017) (PDF)
Effective February 7, 2019, the following changes to the Rules include:Rule 18: Reconsideration of a Tribunal Decision
- Reconsideration of interlocutory decisions is no longer permitted
- Clarification that reconsiderations will be heard in writing, as is the current practice
- Clarification of the grounds for reconsideration
- As permitted by the Statutory Powers Procedures Act, reconsideration requests may now be assigned to any Member of the Tribunal, including the Member who decided the matter which is the subject of the request
- Amended Rule 18 (PDF)