Serving Documents

All AABS documents, except a Summons to a Witness form, must be served by one party on the other party.

Please refer to Rule 6 Service and Filing of the LAT Rules for more information about different ways for you to send a document.

When you are filing your AABS application, you must include a Certificate of Service form as proof that you have served the application on the other party.

Parties must arrange for service of their own documents. You can:

  • serve the documents yourself;
  • have someone else or a private process server serve the documents for you; or
  • have your representative arrange for service of your documents.

The person serving the documents should make careful, detailed notes regarding the name of the person served, the date, time, and how the service was completed.