Note: Documents you submit to the board are available to the public on request, subject to limited exceptions.
Sections 22-23 of O.Reg. 516/06 under the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 (RTA) were amended effective July 1, 2020. These sections address the filing requirements for Applications for a Rent Increase Above the Guideline (Form L5). These amended requirements apply to L5 applications filed on or after July 1, 2020:
- Applicants must file:
- An original application and material that accompanies the application;
- One photocopy of the application and the material that accompanies the application and;
- An electronic version (in portable format) of the supporting documents.
- If the L5 application concerns capital expenditures, upon request, the landlord must provide an electronic copy of the supporting documents to the tenant, free of charge.
- The landlord and tenant can instead agree that the landlord will provide photocopies of supporting documents to the tenant for no more than the photocopying costs.
- The landlord no longer has an obligation to provide the supporting documents to the tenants in CD format or make photocopies available for the tenants at a cost of $5.00.
The forms are listed in two categories below:
For forms for co-op eviction applications, see: Non-Profit Co-op Evictions.
If you need a form in print, or alternate formats like large print or braille, contact us.
- L1 - Application to Evict a Tenant for Non-payment of Rent and to Collect Rent the Tenant Owes
- L2 - Application to End a Tenancy and Evict a Tenant
- T2 - Application about Tenant Rights
- T6 - Tenant Application about Maintenance
- To view, print or email these forms, your computer needs Adobe Reader. You can download this free software from Adobe’s website.
- Save the downloaded form onto your computer and open that copy in Adobe Reader. Do not complete the forms in your browser. Some browsers will not allow you to complete or save your form.
- Most browsers will store (or "cache") documents on the hard drive of your computer so you can access them faster in the future. This feature may mean you are not accessing the most up-to-date version of LTB forms. Clear your cache by holding down the “Ctrl” key and the “F5” key at the same time, or by using Ctrl+Shift+Delete.
- The LTB has two types of forms: forms that allow you to save the information you enter, and forms that don’t.
- Forms you can save: You'll see a message like this at the top of these forms: N1, N2, N4, N5, N6, N7, N8, N9 and Certificate of Service.
- Forms you cannot save: You'll see a message like this at the top of these types of forms. You'll need to print a copy of your completed form.
Forms for Landlords
For information about which application to file, go to Help for Landlords.
These forms are for a landlord to use when giving notice to a tenant to end the tenancy.
Three of the notice forms are for a landlord to use to tell a tenant that the rent for their rental unit will increase. N10 is used when a landlord and tenant agree to increase the rent by more than the rent guideline.
Forms for Tenants
For information about which application to file, go to Help for Tenants.
These forms are for a tenant to use when giving notice to a tenant to end the tenancy.
These are forms that you may need to use at different stages of the LTB’s proceedings.
|N9: Tenant’s Notice to End the Tenancy|
|N11: Agreement to End the Tenancy|
|N15: Tenant's Notice to End my Tenancy Because of Fear of Sexual or Domestic Violence and Abuse|
|Tenant's Statement About Sexual or Domestic Violence and Abuse|