Important Notice: L1, L2, L3, L4, L9, L10, T1, T2, T5, T6, C1, and C2 applications can be filed online using the Tribunals Ontario Portal. These application types cannot be filed by email.
File by Email, Pay Online
Steps to File by Email
Step 1: Pay your application fee on the online payment portal. To file an application by email, you must pay online. You can pay your filing fees with a credit card or debit card backed by Visa or Mastercard. After you pay, you will be emailed a receipt. Save the receipt as a PDF or print and scan it. Send your application together with your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Save your application. Complete and save your completed application form electronically or scan your hard copy application form. Make sure you enter the payment receipt number in the “Payment Method” section of the form.
Step 3: Prepare your supporting documents. Ensure you have all your supporting documents (e.g. Certificate of Service and/or Notice of Termination) in electronic format.
Step 4: File by email. Immediately after submitting your payment, submit your application, supporting documents and payment receipt by email to email@example.com. In the “Subject Line” of your email, write the 7-digit receipt number and the rental unit address, e.g. Receipt #1013260; Unit 234, 123 Anywhere St., Anywhere, ON, M5P 3V1.
Attach the following documents to your email:
- complete application, including payment receipt number
- payment receipt
- certificate of Service and/or Notice of Termination (If required)
If you don’t submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hrs of payment, we will refund your money.
Filing multiple applications by email
If you are filing more than one application by email, include the 7-digit receipt number and the words “Bulk Filing”, in the Subject Line of your email. For example:
- Subject: Receipt #1013260, Bulk Filing.
Make sure that each application related to the attached receipt (payment) is included in the same email.
If all applications can’t be attached to the same email, send a second email with the remaining applications and the receipt. The subject line for this email should be “Receipt #1013260, Bulk Filing, Continued.”
Filing by Email: Dos and Don’ts
- Do enter the receipt number in the “Payment Method” section of your application form.
- Do send your application, payment receipt and other documents as attachments to email@example.com.
- Do pay your application fee online. To be eligible to submit your application by email you must pay online.
- Do email your application and receipt right after you pay. If we don’t receive your application to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hrs of payment, we will refund your money.
- Do use the Tribunals Ontario Portal for L1, L2, L3, L4, L9, L10, T1, T2, T5, T6, C1 and C2 applications.
- Do complete your application before you pay for it. If you don’t email your application to email@example.com within 24 hours of paying, your payment will be refunded.
- Don’t include your credit card number on any application form which you send by email. If you do, we will have to delete it to protect your privacy.
- Don’t send your payment receipt, application or other documents through mail, courier, or a cloud drive (e.g. OneDrive, Google Drive, Adobe Drive).
- Don’t email L1, L2, L3, L4, L9, L10, T1, T2, T5, T6, C1 or C2 applications. You can use the Tribunals Ontario Portal to file these applications.
- Don’t pay your application fee by e-transfer. You must use the payment portal.
- Don’t use more than one filing method. If you file by email, do not use the Tribunals Ontario Portal, fax, courier or mail. Send all documents related to your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.