e-File an Appeal
Before filing, please review the information on Filing an Appeal.
Note: Documents you submit to the Board are available to the public on request subject to limited exceptions.
Assessment Appeals (For Property Assessment Notices and Assessment Change Notices) & Select Municipal Act & City of Toronto Act Appeals
e-File (receive a $10 discount on Assessment appeals only)
* There are NO refunds of the appeal filing fee.
For each e-File transaction, you may submit up to 15 appeals.
If you have more than 15 appeals to submit, you can still e-File but will have to divide your submission into multiple transactions. There is no limit on the number of transactions that may be submitted.
We recommend that you have your Property Assessment Notice and/or supporting documents and your credit card with you before you begin. You must have an email account.
The e-File process takes about five minutes per appeal and consists of the following steps:
- Select appeal type and section
- Enter your roll number and confirm the correct property is displayed
- Enter representative information – if you have someone acting for you
- Enter your name and address
- Select the reason for your appeal
- Enter an additional appeal OR proceed to payment (if applicable)
- Pay the filing fee by debit or credit card (if applicable)
- Print a copy of the appeal(s) and acknowledgement for your records
The order of these steps will vary depending on whether you start as a property owner or start as a representative. The system will guide you step by step through the process.
If you are e-Filing your appeal, you may only pay by debit or with credit card (MasterCard or Visa). When you pay online, your appeal is processed immediately. The ARB does not view, record, or keep your credit card information. You will receive immediate acknowledgement if your payment is processed successfully.
(Please note that your web browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, must support forms, Java scripts and SSL with 128 bit encryption. The Board CANNOT provide computer support. If you cannot use e-File, you can use the printable form.)
Print Form (no discount)
Other Appeal Forms
Special Tax Class Rate Form
* Fill out this form if your property is a farm, managed forest and/or conservation land property. Send it with the filled out appeal form.
Municipal Act Application or Appeal
(Various sections of the Municipal Act, 2001)
All other Municipal Act appeals not listed on e-File must be filed by mail or email by the deadline date on the appeal form. More information on how to file a Municipal Act appeal can be found on this website in the section Municipal Act Appeals.
City of Toronto Act Application of Appeal
(Various sections of the City of Toronto Act, 2006)
All other City of Toronto Act appeals not listed on e-file must be filed by mail or email by the deadline date on the appeal form. More information on how to file a City of Toronto Act appeal can be found on this website in the section City of Toronto Act Appeals.