Legislation and Rules
The following is a list of legislation and regulations related to the Assessment Review Board.
- Assessment Review Board Act
- Assessment Act
- Municipal Act
- City of Toronto Act
- Statutory Powers Procedure Act
- Provincial Land Tax Act
- Condominium Act
- Education Act
Rules of Practice and Procedure — Effective April 1, 2021
Table of Concordance
The ARB would like to highlight the following substantive changes for the Rules that took effect April 1, 2021.
- Modified and reduced the timelines of the Schedule of Events for the General stream.
- Modified and updated the requirements under the Schedule of Events for the Summary stream relating to Special Notices.
- Updated the requirement for the extension of time for expert reports.
- Form – Acknowledgement of Expert Duty has been updated and is a required document for the process.
- Form – Affidavit of Service – removed.
- Minutes of Settlement Rules – updated language to allow for “any party” to file the minutes of settlement for the purposes of the Board issuing a decision.
- Updated and clarified the language.
Practice Directions, Guidelines and Other Forms
- Appeals Management Practice Direction (Word | PDF)
- Combined Proceedings Practice Direction (Word | PDF)
- Settlement Conference Practice Direction (Word | PDF)
- How to Interpret Schedule of Events Practice Direction (Word | PDF)
- Disclosure Requirements for General and Summary Proceedings Practice Direction (Word | PDF)
- Request for a Board Order Issued Pursuant to s.53 Direction (Word | PDF)
- Electronic Document Guideline (Word | PDF)
- Requirements for Written Submissions Guideline (Word | PDF)
- Hearing Time Management Guideline (Word | PDF)
- PDF Portfolio Information Form (Word | PDF)
- Disclosure Scheduled Appendix A & B (PDF)
- Disclosure Schedule Appendix A Sample – Apartment Form (PDF)
- Disclosure Schedule Appendix A Sample – Commercial Form (PDF)
- Disclosure Schedule Appendix A Sample – Industrial Property Form (PDF)