Important NoticeOctober 8, 2021
All tribunals and Tribunals Ontario offices were closed on September 30, 2021, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, to commemorate the history and legacy of Residential Schools in Canada. Applicable timelines that are calculated by business day are extended by one day.
Legislation and Rules
The following is a list of legislation and regulations related to the Assessment Review Board.
- Assessment Review Board Act
- Assessment Act
- Municipal Act
- City of Toronto Act
- Statutory Powers Procedure Act
- Provincial Land Tax Act
- Condominium Act
- Education Act
Rules of Practice and Procedure — Effective April 1, 2021
Table of Concordance
The ARB would like to highlight the following substantive changes for the Rules that took effect April 1, 2021.
- Modified and reduced the timelines of the Schedule of Events for the General stream.
- Modified and updated the requirements under the Schedule of Events for the Summary stream relating to Special Notices.
- Updated the requirement for the extension of time for expert reports.
- Form – Acknowledgement of Expert Duty has been updated and is a required document for the process.
- Form – Affidavit of Service – removed.
- Minutes of Settlement Rules – updated language to allow for “any party” to file the minutes of settlement for the purposes of the Board issuing a decision.
- Updated and clarified the language.
Practice Directions, Guidelines and Other Forms
- Appeals Management Practice Direction (Word | PDF)
- Combined Proceedings Practice Direction (Word | PDF)
- Settlement Conference Practice Direction (Word | PDF)
- Disclosure Guideline for General and Summary Proceedings (Word | PDF)
- Electronic Document Guideline (Word | PDF)
- Guideline – How to Interpret Schedule of Events (Word | PDF)
- PDF Portfolio Information Form (Word | PDF)
- Disclosure Scheduled Appendix A & B (PDF)
- Disclosure Schedule Appendix A Sample – Apartment Form (PDF)
- Disclosure Schedule Appendix A Sample – Commercial Form (PDF)
- Disclosure Schedule Appendix A Sample – Industrial Property Form (PDF)